The engagement manager plays a vital role in ensuring the success of client engagements, identifying solutions and working with cross-departmental teams to vision match, bid, scope and execute projects. This position is a blend of client and project management, and requires the ability to uncover high-level business obligations and address client risks, challenges and opportunities. The role provides broad exposure to high-level F1000 IT executives as well as the opportunity to work with TBR management and analysts.
- Deliver actionable insights to executive-level clientele through narrative presentations, graphical representation and analytical frameworks based on market and financial research.
- Cultivate relationships with clients, managing expectations per project and engaging with clients regularly to affirm vision match, communicate status and provide client feedback to the TBR team.
- Lead resource allocation across physical and virtual teams to execute the project, including developing time lines and distributing work.
- Identify possible sales opportunities, including cross-selling and upselling, within prospects and customers.
- Collaborate with TBR sales teams by negotiating and scoping market or financial research projects, including creating statements of work/contracts and pricing projects.
- Mentor and develop TBR team members through project collaboration.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years’ experience in client project management in a market research, management consulting or professional services firm; MBA/advanced degree preferred
- Knowledge of the ICT industry and perspectives on current trends and their impact on business strategies
- Proven track record of outstanding project and process management expertise
- Motivated with an ability to problem-solve and overcome obstacles
- Effective communicator with strong presentation and collaboration skills
- Open to travel to client sites
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build cross-organizational relationships
- Ability to manage deadlines and handle multiple assignments concurrently
- Ability to synthesize business implications with a grasp of market economics and dynamics to deliver vendor predictions and analyses
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to quickly discern and analyze the critical elements of large data sets and communicate this analysis to clients in verbal, written and/or spreadsheet format
- Ability to operate with a steep learning curve and in an autonomous culture
- Commitment to quality and customer satisfaction
- Intellectual curiosity
Technology Business Research, Inc. is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. We believe each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, creed, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.