TBR is seeking a full-time Data Engineer to join its growing and evolving Data Team. TBR’s Data Team is a multidisciplinary group of analysts and technologists with expertise in quantitative and qualitative financial and business data retrieval, analysis and delivery. The Data Team works closely with analysts from TBR’s industry-leading Research practices to gather, process and analyze data supporting TBR’s research products as well as to create new data products.
The Data Engineer will work across the TBR Data and Research teams to improve TBR’s end-to-end data processes, deploy new processes and tools, and enable the successful and high-quality delivery of data products to TBR’s global client base via the TBR Insight Center™ platform. The Data Engineer role will be highly entrepreneurial and will provide opportunities for strategic and tactical support of TBR’s data product evolution.
- Optimize current procedures used to collect, store and process TBR’s quantitative and qualitative datasets
- Develop new methodologies to transform data into useful, actionable information
- Build, test and maintain data and database pipeline architectures and supporting processes
- Acquire and integrate new datasets that align with Research practice needs
- Create new data validation methods
- Support the development, testing and quality assurance of TBR Insight Center™
- Assist sales teams with organizing, analyzing and dashboarding critical KPIs
- Previous experience in a data engineer, software developer or similar role in a professional environment
- Technical expertise in data gathering, modeling and data pipeline management
- Proficiency in Excel and integrating Excel-based data into new systems
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python, R, Node.JS and Java; experience with parsing XBRL files a plus
- Willingness and ability to learn additional programming languages, tools and/or frameworks as needed
- Working knowledge of database systems such as MSSQL, SQL and NoSQL; previous experience with Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure is a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
Location: Remote position
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Experience: Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science or similar field, or equivalent education and/or experience
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.